The Department of Communication's 62nd annual Awards Banquet will be held at the Little America Hotel on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 6 p.m. The reception and ceremony will honor six distinguished community award winners as well as student scholarship recipients.
The event starts with a reception at 6 p.m. in the Little America Ballroom Foyer, followed by the banquet at 6:30 p.m. in the Main Ballroom of the Little America Hotel at 500 S. Main in Salt Lake City. All are invited to attend, but RSVPs are required. RSVP online here and purchase tickets here or call Jessica Finch at 801-581-6889.
- $40 for students and guests of student scholarship winners
- $60 for professionals
- To sponsor a table, which seats up to 8 and benefits student scholarships, purchase
The 62nd annual event will feature the presentation of three major community awards:
The Distinguished Service Award, which recognizes significant contributions to the state and the Intermountain West, will be awarded to:
- Sim Gill, District Attorney for Salt Lake County.
The Service to Journalism Award will recognize two people who have significantly contributed to the world of journalism:
- Jennifer Napier-Pearce, editor of The Salt Lake Tribune
- Rick Spratling, former Deputy Director and Bureau Chief of the Associated Press
Two Alumni Achievement Awards will be presented to:
- Todd Paoletti , COO and General Manager of Cognizant Accelerator
- Dorothy (Dotti) Brockbank, former Public Relations Director for the Utah Department of Natural Resources
The Communication Awards Banquet also honors students who have won awards or scholarships, and will be awarding a record amount in scholarships. The event will also recognize new members of Kappa Tau Alpha, the national honor society for students in journalism and mass communication. See photos from the 2016 banquet here.
We hope you will join us to celebrate these fantastic community award winners, distinguished alums and high-achieving students!