Academic Program Manager
Academic Advising & Internship Coordinator
Sr. Academic Advisor
Important advising update in response to COVID-19
We will be conducting all advising appointments over the phone or virtually for the duration of the Spring semester. We care about your safety and want to accommodate any of your concerns to the best of our ability. Your phone/video appointment will still provide you with the same level of information, professionalism, and care that you can expect from an office appointment. Phone appointments will require us to verify your identity in compliance with FERPA (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act) by obtaining a FERPA pin. Click here for instructions on how to create your FERPA pin ahead of time and authorize us to disclose academic information over the phone. If you need help with this, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or we can walk you through this during your scheduled phone appointment.
Before your appointment, please be prepared with the following:
- Please call the advisor you scheduled your appointment at the time of your appointment. Phone numbers will be provided in your confirmation email
- If you book a video appointment please click the meeting link found in your confirmation email at the time of your scheduled appointment. Video appointments will require Chrome or Firefox browsers.
- Please make sure your devices are set to Mountain Time Zone (MDT or MST) to avoid booking for the wrong day/time
- Have your FERPA pin ready (phone appointments only)
- Have access to a computer
- Make sure you are in a quiet environment
Virtual Walk-In Advising
We will be conducting virtual walk-in hours for the Spring 2021 semester. Days/times will be updated below weekly. Please click on the below link to join our walk-in lobby where you will be helped. Please note these will be quick, 10 minute meetings. You may need to wait for a few minutes in the lobby while we finish helping other students.
Schedule for the week of March 1
|Mon 3/1||Tues 3/2||Wed 3/3||Thurs 3/4|
Join our virtual lobby here: https://utah.craniumcafe.com/group/communication/lobby
Career & Professional Development Center
The Career & Professional Development Center has a team of friendly and professionally trained coaches that are here to help you maximize your potential by guiding you in imagining what it is you want to do and helping you craft a plan to achieve those goals. Check out their bios on here to learn about their diverse coaching focuses and backgrounds to find a coach that best meets your needs!
If you would like more support in getting started, feel free to reach out to Megan Randall, the Career Coach who works most closely with the College of Humanities at MRandall@sa.utah.edu. Click the button below to make an appointment online. Click the red button below to log into Handshake and book an appointment with Megan.
- Log in. If you don’t have an account click “Sign Up”
- Click “Schedule a New Appointment”
- Choose your appointment type and date