The Conflict Resolution Graduate Certificate Programis now accepting applications for the 2016-17 year. Inquiries or questions about the Certificate Program should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Program
The ability to resolve conflict is a highly-valued professional asset, a means to foster personal relationships, and a life-skill that promotes a more peaceful and productive way of living.
The Conflict Resolution Graduate Certificate Program trains students how to resolve differences in the workplace, with friends and family, in the community and beyond. Designed for working professionals who want to develop advanced communication and process skills, the Certificate Program provides each student with the comprehensive training necessary to be successful in mediation, negotiation and facilitation of dialogue.
Interested in the Program?
- Get details on the Conflict Resolution Certificate Program
- Learn how to apply to the program
- Contact us for more information
Utah's Most Comprehensive Mediation Training Program
Since 1990, the Conflict Resolution Graduate Certificate Program at the University of Utah has been training students in the skill sets of conflict resolution. It is the oldest training program in higher education in Utah, and the only graduate level program available in Utah to individuals outside of law school. It offers more than double the training hours of any other program in the state.
The class is taught by Carolynn Clark, a professional attorney mediator and educator, with other master mediators in the state as guest lecturers.
The class size is limited in order for each student to have the maximum level of interactive learning and skills practice. More than half of each class session is taken up in skill work. Learn how you may apply to the program.
Designed for Working Professionals
The Conflict Resolution Graduate Certificate Program is designed for working professionals who want to develop the ability to handle conflict successfully. This interactive course provides each student with the knowledge and experience required to resolve interpersonal and group conflict using mediation and other processes.
- Two semester program
- Flexible evening schedule
- Taught by a professional mediator
- One-on-one training
- Small class size
- Enhance the career you have.
- Graduates include representatives of many different professions including education, medicine, law, private business, real estate, corporate training and many others.
- Expand your life-skills.
- The knowledge and skills acquired provides students with the ability to resolve conflict in their personal and family relationships.
- Build a new career.
- This program fulfills the education requirement for state certification in mediation. It prepares students to take the ethics examination required by the Administrative Office of the Utah State Court to be listed on the mediator roster.