An internship is a new and temporary position in which students learn and apply new skills directly related to their major under the guidance of a professional. To receive academic credit for an internship related to the Communication major, students must take the online course COMM 3610 concurrent with their internship placement. COMM 3610 is offered for credit/no credit only and fulfills a requirement for the Communication major.
- COMM 3610 is for new current internships only. Credit cannot be received for a past internship.
- Students cannot repeat the COMM 3610 course for the same internship, except in some approved cases such as Student Media on-campus internships.
- Students cannot use their regular job for internship credit. The internship must have a defined start and end date.
- Students may take the course for 1-6 credits during the semester. The course may be taken up to 3 times, students can only earn a maximum of 12 credits combined. Please Note: COMM 3610 can only count for one course in a given semester. The course will not count for two separate courses if you opt to take it for 6 credits (in other words, it is one course taken for 6 credits).
- You must submit a new application for each semester you wish to enroll in COMM 3610.
- Internship dates must coincide with semester dates as closely as possible.
- Your internship supervisor cannot be a relative, spouse, or fellow student.
For UAC Students
UAC students who wish to apply for COMM 3610 must contact Cameron Vakilian at firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent application and instructions.
Please review policy below before applying:
- You must be enrolled as a UAC student at the UAC campus to enroll in COMM 3610 section 301. If you have transitioned to be an SLC student, you must apply for section 1 as an SLC student.
- You will be charged tuition for enrolling in COMM 3610. Please refer to https://asiacampus.utah.edu/admissions/cost.php for cost information.
- Application deadlines for UAC sections of COMM 3610 will be one week before the last day to add courses for the semester/term you wish to enroll. No late applications will be accepted.
- Summer 2023 deadline: Tuesday, June 20, 2023
- Fall 2023 deadline: Friday, September 1, 2023
- Spring 2024 deadline: Friday, February 23, 2024
- Summer 2024 deadline: Tuesday, June 19, 2024