Manu Pokharel, Ashley Elrick, and Robb Bruce, three Communication Ph.D. students, are among the participants chosen to attend the esteemed 2018 National Communication Association (NCA) Doctoral Honors Seminar.
This year's seminar will be held at Vanderbilt University in the Department of Communication Studies, July 23-26, with the theme "Communicating Intersections." The NCA Doctoral Honors Seminars (DHS) brings together promising doctoral students and distinguished faculty members from across the discipline and around the nation to discuss current topics in Communication. U doctoral students Manu Pokharel, Ashley Elrick, and Robb Bruce are among the approximately 30 doctoral students who have been chosen to participate based on submitted papers and recommendations from their advisors.
Faculty seminar leaders for the 2018 DHS include:
- Carlos Alemán, James Madison University
- Jiyeon Kang, University of Iowa
- Claire Sisco King, Vanderbilt University
- Kate Magsamen-Conrad, University of Iowa
- Roopali Mukherjee, Queens College
- Cindy Koenig Richards, Willamette University
- Paul Stob, Vanderbilt University
- Dave Tell, University of Kansas
- Steven Wilson, University of South Florida
Congratulations to Manu, Ashley, and Robb for being selected to represent the University’s Department of Communication at this important seminar!